Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sponsor highlight | Two Els


Say a big welcome to my newest sponsor Two Els! Two Els is a new kids wear brand based in NYC metro area. Their motto is they believe children can be chic and glamorous and still be playful and cute. All their garments is 100% handmade and only comes in limited quantities.

I had the chance to ask the creator of Two Els, Hollie Kim a couple of questions and here are her answers.

Can you tell us a little about how Two Els started? What is your inspiration, and how did you come up with the name? 

I was originally a men's wear designer before I started Two Els. Actually there was about two years gap between my last career and Two Els. I stepped into the fashion world at Parsons and was one of the students with the "Big Dream", becoming a famous designer in NYC. But the reality was not so easy. I had worked here and there but never felt like I found the right place. Then I had my first kid Lana (2yr). Plan changed. I decide to put down everything and stay home for her till she goes to school. Then I had my second one Luhann (1yr). Still staying at home, enjoying the blast moments with my family but there was always something in my mind. Fashion! I couldn't stop thinking about designing and making clothing for the two years of staying home as a mom. Then there was always my amazing husband Jason who encouraged me to have my own clothing line. With his incredible support, even though my kids are still baby/toddler, Two Els really did happened and I can't thank him enough for that.

Two Els clothing mostly get inspired by NYC kids, the way how they look, talk and play. I tried to mix the glamorous and magnetic city atmosphere with vintage feel into the collection with silhouette and color.
Plus I enjoy playing with little details and shapes, keeping the color and pattern simple but eye-catching and hope it all shows in my collection.

I and my husband had so many ideas of our brand name but he came up with this name Two Ls which is from our kids' initial, Lana and Luhann than I changed Ls to Els. That's how we named our brand.

What makes Two Els different from other kids fashion labels?

Two Els is 100% handmade. I put my craftsmanship and joy of creation into every single clothing I make as well as my love for kids. Of course it takes more time and effort to complete them. But that represents how much I care about kids. Even when I pick fabrics, I make sure to put extra time and effort to find the right fabric that is practical yet chic. 

If you could describe Two Els in 3 words what would they be?

Chic, glamorous and playful?

:: Visit TWO ELS ::

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely. Loved reading the little interview and excited to see more adult fashion designers giving kids ranges a go! The results are so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah - I couldn't agree more! Glad you liked the introduction to this great,new label. There will be more features about Two Els soon :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, leave a word or two if you got something on your mind or a great link to share :)

// --> v