Friday, June 1, 2012

Q&A | SKIP TO MY LOU





































I would like to take the chance to introduce you to one of my new sponsors, Skip To My Lou! Skip To My Lou is an online boutique home to a variety of babies and children's fashion (age 0-6), toys and giftware sourced from Australia and around the world. I had a chance to have a little Q&A with the owner Ashlea Anderson. Here are her answers and a little short look into the mini fashionista world that is Skip To My Lou.  


Can you tell us a little about how Skip To My Lou started? What is your inspiration, and how did you come up with the name?

I have always loved fashion and when I had my daughter 2 years ago I very quickly discovered the amazing world of children’s fashion!  I became infatuated and spent most evenings reading blogs, magazines and emagazines and came across a lot of really amazing products that either did not ship to Australia or the shipping was more than the total I wanted to purchase! Opening my own store where I could bring all of these amazing products together seemed like the perfect idea.

The name was inspired by my daughter Lucy which we shorten to Lou. I wanted to incorporate Lucy into the store somehow since she is the reason I started it! After hearing the song hundreds of times courtesy of The Wiggles I thought it could make a fun a cute name for a children’s store.

Skip To My Lou have a nice brand selection like ESP no.1, TANE Organics, Sudo, Mini Rodini, NellyStella to just mention a few. How do you go about when you choose brands for STML? Is there any specific criteria you look for when choosing labels?

I stock brands that I would love to buy for my family (although I do not have a boy I imagine what I would like dress my ‘son’ in). STML focuses on stocking international brands which are not widely available in Australia with a few favorite local brands mixed in as well. The brands I stock are of a high quality, and I like to think that I offer products that you would not find in the department stores. If you have a little person who likes to express themselves through their clothing STML is the place to shop




Right now we are heading into winter, can you share some of your favorite winter pieces for a boy and a girl from STML's selections?
My favorites for this winter are as follows:

Boys: Mini Rodini Shark Sweater, and Mini Rodini Santiago Slim Cord Jeans with some Red Babiators Sunglasses.

Girls Outfit: Sudo Ruffle Dress and Sudo Undercover Poncho with the Milk n Soda Coco Bag in Black

What can we expect from Skip To My Lou in the near future, any dreams, plans, new labels?

Since I launched halfway through this winter season, we have lots of new brands coming for the Summer including Paper Wings, Little Wings, Alex and Ant, Nico Nico, Fabrik, Coco & Ginger, Dandelion just to name a few. There is a lot happening at STML HQ, so definitely stay tuned!
I would love to increase the age range to cater for all children in the future and bring lots of new brands to Australia! And I would love to increase the range of toys and giftware items that you won’t find at every other toyshop.

Big thanks to Ashlea for doing this Q&A with us, and right now STML is having a Midseason sale which means 25% off everything! Simply use the code '25OFF' at checkout.

VISIT: SKIP TO MY LOU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, leave a word or two if you got something on your mind or a great link to share :)

// --> v