Thursday, June 21, 2012

Moments | Winter Rainy Days










D wears: Beanie by Dakine, Scarf by Ada Ada, Jacket by Bobo Choses, Jeans by Minti, backpack by Bobo Choses, Shoes by Vans. Purse by Polkka jam.

We waited for as long as a almost 3 year old could possibly wait, but after a lot of book reading, pillow fighting and cartoon watching we decided it was time to go out, no matter what sort of weather the winter day was offering us. D fetched the umbrella and out we went. The constant drizzle didn't seem to bring him down though. We hurried around the corner and visited our local cafe for a quick treat pit stop while the rain was getting heavier.

The cafe was crowded with people who had the same idea, but we found a little corner where we could enjoy a hot chocolate and cappuccino while watching the rain pouring down. These are the days you miss the warm winds of summer. Sun kissed skin and sun faded tees are big on the wish list right now, but I guess we will enjoy it more with a bit of rainy days in between :). I just wish the forecast for the week was a little bit better than a week full of rain, oh well! Here are some photos from today.

10 comments:

  1. Even though you had rain the photos are amazing! So many nice little details and your boy is adorable as usual. I am wondering about the purse in one of the photos, where is that from? And the scarf looks very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Klara! The purse is from Babygoesretro.com.au its by a Polkka a Finnish label. The scarf is by Ada Ada. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great photos! Love the contrast and everyting.
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniela, yes a pretty miserable day but your package made for mood boost for both of us!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I have been looking at your blog as well :) What a lovely little lad you have, and such cool style too!

      Delete
    2. Oh, thank you so much! I found your blog from MrsAgathas favs and I thought that you must work in graphic design and fashion field, and then I also saw it in your introduction part. I work in fashion design as well. :) I think your blog is just great, I love the style and graphic outlook, and your son is super cool.

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Well I dabble in many areas but somehow I fell into fashion after having my second child. My main trade is animation which I hope to go back to some day. What do you do in fashion design? always find that fascinating. I wish my Finnish was better so I could actually follow what you write about as well, but I guess Google translate is my best bet for that one. Have a lovely Midsummer!

      Delete
    4. Wow, animation is so cool! I did work with children & the young clothing design for years, but now I've been at home 2 years with my son. I'm going back to work on September (which is quite scary after such a long time) but I don't know yet which division I'm going to work at.:)
      Yes, sorry all my texts are in finnish, but hopefully you can read something by useing google tranlator.
      Your son is bit older than mine so your blog is great inspiration for us as well.:)

      Thank you and regards from sunny Finland! :)

      Delete
    5. Hi...sorry not quite sure what your name is actually :)
      Yes I wanted to stay home for a longer time as well. They grow up so quickly and I felt it was time to really spend it with the kids. Yes I can read a bit with Google translator though it does a pretty bad job sometimes. Glad we can help with a bit of inspiration, there are heaps to find in your blog as well! Glad I found it...

      Enjoy the sun!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, leave a word or two if you got something on your mind or a great link to share :)

// --> v